Just a few minutes' walk from Düsseldorf's shopping walhalla the Köningsallee is The Fritz, a chic hotel which fuses the style of the traditional grand with the modern day boutique hotel.
Rooms come with air conditioning, a Samsung Smart TV with Screen Mirroring, a safe, soundproof windows that open and a free minibar.
It offers an on-site restaurant and bar, “FRITZ's FRAU FRANZI” uniting casual extravagance with top-class cuisine by Benjamin Kriegel.
• 31 rooms
• Hotel opened: October 2016
• Interiors: Vivian van Schagen
The DNA: The newly minted The Fritz is a textbook example of what happens when a single agency takes control of the entirety of a project – from the interior design right down to the design of the room keys, table linen and brand identity – to create a cohesive whole.The individuality of the property is telegraphed at check-in, the process taking place at the bar. Says Vivian van Schagen, the creative director of the Amsterdam-based The Invisible Party, ‘This is the sweetly nostalgic, Wes Anderson version of a fancy hotel. We wanted to create a place where locals could come for lunch, dinner, drinks and music, and where travellers could enjoy a great meal without leaving the hotel.’ (Wallpaper Magazine)
• Metro Graf Adolf Platz: 2-minute walk
• Königsallee: 5-minute walk
• Theater an der Kö and Kom(m)ödchen: 9-minute walk
• Central Station Düsseldorf: 12-minute walk
• Messe/Fairground: 7 km / 4.3 miles
• Düsseldorf International Airport: 10.2 km / 6.3 miles