The Independente Hostel & Suites
Arguably Lisbon’s most stylish hostel, the Independente is located in the stylish Bairro Alto enclave, in two neighbouring mansions that once served as the Swiss ambassador's residence. The brainchild of four well-travelled brothers, it is elegant and warm, furnished with bespoke pieces in neutral tones.
You can either opt for a bed in one of the dorm rooms or for one of the private suites (some with balconies overlooking the Tagus river).
The Decadente restaurant, serving a selection of regional dishes, is popular with locals. Its latest sibling, The Insólito takes up the rooftop terrace for food and cocktails, not to mention fabulous views.
• 35 rooms
• Hotel opened: July 2011
• Interiors: Catarina Cabral (hostel) & Tomaz d’Eça Leal (suites)
• Unique: Located in the Bairro Alto (or uptown) the Independente is located on the São Pedro de Alcântara viewpoint offers breathtaking views of the Baixo (downtown) and the Alfama quarter across.
Public parking possible at a location nearby (charged).
• São Pedro de Alcântara Belvedere: opposite
• Elevador da Glória: opposite
• Rossio train station: 250 metres (direct trains to Sintra)
• Lisbon Airport: 8 km
Located in the hip Bairro Alto district, Casa das Janelas com Vista benefits from some cracking views of the city (including the Basilica da Estrela and the River Te...
Decorated by leading Portuguese designers, the Lisbonaire is centrally located apartments, only 100 metres from the Restauradores metro stop and 250 metres to the Rossio ...
Located on top one of Lisbon's seven hills, Torel Palace is a unique boutique hotel with a singular style of Portuguese antiques and modern furniture. It is set in ...
- hip hostel
- retro & vintage
There are no reviews yet.
Back to top